In SpellForce II the player takes over both roles – he is Commander of his troops and also a front fighting hero, solving quests and overcoming obstacles as in classical RPGs, but also leads armies as in an RTS.
The Players character is supported by up to 5 heroes who can be summoned at special monuments – these will become available in stronger versions as play progresses and the player reveals more of the epic storyline.
In most scenarios, which are placed in huge and detailed environments, the player leads one of three factions (Alliance of Light, Hordes of Chaos, Brotherhood of Darkness) and builds bases to gather resources and summon troops at monuments.
The forces of light and the minions of darkness will clash together in fall 2005!
* Players can choose from over 100 Avatar skills, allowing them to develop individual characters and tactics
* Highly detailed fantasy worlds with impressive graphics raising the RTS standards to a new level
* 3 different factions, each with 12 very different units consisting of infantry, cavalry and flyers
* Completely persistent world – unique for the RTS genre
* Server based Avatars gain levels and equipment and can be used in both: PvP (Player versus Player) and co-op multiplayer games, with ladder and tournament functionality