Written By: Travis Johnson
Sony has released a fact sheet for the third and final installment of "The Life" series, titled, [i]NBA 08 The Life Volume 3[/i]. In [i]Volume 3[/i], there will be more than 60 different game scenarios, and players will be able to play as each of the five starting positions on the court. [i]NBA 08[/i] will include all-new play-by-play commentary as well as improved A.I. [i]NBA 08 The Life Volume 3[/i] is scheduled to arrive on store shelves later this year.
• The Life: Volume 3 – Once again players will go behind the scenes in this unique mode and experience the life of an NBA professional, balancing interaction with coaches, teammates, and rivals. Perform well on the court and get rewarded with endorsements.
• Five Playable Characters – Gamers will have the opportunity to play as each of the five starting positions as they progress through each of The Life’s scenarios.
• More than 60 Gameplay Scenarios – A broader array of gameplay scenarios await in The Life. Each will build the skill and experience of a player’s created character and also boost attributes of the entire team.
• Create A New Character – Players will have an opportunity to create an entirely new point guard character, poised to experience the successes and failures of an NBA career including injuries, press conferences, endorsements, and other major events that come with being a franchise athlete.
• Compelling Storyline – Delve into a deep story where each player has a different experience as they progress through the league. A variety of mini-games, drills, and clutch-win scenarios help players build experience levels, expanding their skill sets and overall attributes.
• Film Production Quality – Utilizing movie industry film/camera direction, script development, professional voice talent, and a film-like musical score, NBA 08 continues the immersive cinematic experience within the game.
• All-New Play-By-Play Commentary – NBA 08 utilizes a brand new set of audio commentary including play-by-play and color analysis by Kevin Calabro and Mark Jackson.
• Enhanced Gameplay and A.I. – In addition to rebounding and shooting, each of the core fundamentals of gameplay has been improved including passing, dribbling, and defending. Additionally, AI has been revamped to improve individual and team defense as well as balance in The Life mode.
KEY RETURNING FEATURES
• Power Boarding System – Based on shot trajectory and bounce off the rim, players can utilize this mechanic to realistically position themselves for shots off the rim or backboard.
• Smart Shot Indicator – Once again use this visual cue to determine shot probability based on defensive effort. Tighter defense will result in a low-level indicator while soft defense will encourage players to fire away.
• More Than A Dozen Mini-Games – Players are able to test their skills in single player, versus, and online modes. Returning favorites include Own the Court, where players rack up points in shooting drills, and Shout Out, where players execute special moves as instructed by the coach.
• Exclusive PlayStation Skills Challenge – Players can hone their passing, dribbling, and shooting skills in mini-game challenges and competition.
• Online Gameplay – Compete in a variety of online tournaments and head-to-head action or just build a player in Epic Mode through online competition.
• Showtime Gameplay – Players again will be challenged to manage the game, including team involvement and individual achievements as well as coaches, crowds, and agents.
• Control the game: Utilize a risk/reward system to execute increasingly difficult moves, earning Showtime points that boost attributes for individuals and the team.
• Control the arena: Experience the raw energy of being on an NBA floor by influencing the crowd with a combination of Showtime moves and teamwork.
• Passing system: No-looks, alley-oops, behind the back – passing options are nearly limitless. Successful passes lead to highlight-reel baskets while failure leads to turnovers, team dissension, and a hostile crowd.
• SoundTrack – With a movie-like score for the story mode and new original music for in-game action, NBA 08 will host a soundtrack to match the drama and excitement of the game.
Stick with MyGamer.com for all your gaming needs.