The Entertainment Software Association Foundation?s online video game charity auction begins today. The ESA Foundation is the charitable arm of the entertainment software industry. The auction will benefit many children?s charities by featuring some pretty cool video game memorabilia.
The auction will be held on eBay from October 7 through October 14 and will include unique items such as:
– 2 passes to the E3 Expo and either the Sony and Nintendo of America after party
– A Luke Skywalker lightsaber replica signed by George Lucas
– Various video games for PS2, PSP, Gamecube, and PC platforms
– Gear of all kinds; backpacks, action figures, t-shirts, etc.
– And an awesome looking life size statue of Halo 2?s Master Chief!
[a]http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=nite2unite[aa]Head over to the ESA Foundation?s eBay store to see all their items up for auction[/a].
The ESA will also hold the ?Nite to Unite for Kids? fundraising dinner on October 18 in San Francisco. The annual fundraising dinner and auction have raised more than $6.7 million in the last six years for a variety of youth charities including; Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Delinquency Prevention Initiative, and Students Against Violence Everywhere.
“We hope that the game community will join us once again this year to help kids by bidding early and often on the terrific exclusive items found on eBay from October 7 to October 14,” said Douglas Lowenstein, president of the ESA.