PopCap Games announced the launch of Zuma's Revenge! for Nintendo DS. The game is available immediately on retail store shelves nationwide for U.S. $19.95. A DSiWare edition releases in mid-March and will be available for download from the Nintendo online shop for 800 Points.
"Bringing the Zuma franchise to the console-based handheld market is long warranted and getting these exciting adaptations for Nintendo DS and DSiWare is just the beginning," noted Van Riker, Zuma franchise marketing manager at PopCap. "These games have been fully optimized for Nintendo's popular devices and feature exclusive gameplay content that will challenge Zuma fans more than ever before."
Zuma's Revenge! is based on the highly popular PC version, where a formidable force has transported PopCap's fearless frog to a newly evolved world ruled by evil tiki bosses. The game takes the basic point-and-click premise of the original Zuma up several notches by incorporating horizontal and vertical sliding as well as the ability to hop from one lily pad to another, and to reach all areas of the screen. The Nintendo DS and DSiWare adaptations in particular more than live up to the Zuma standard, packing in all the classic levels from Adventure and Challenge modes. Additionally, the DS cartridge version introduces new, exclusive gameplay, including the new Daily Dungeon mode (similar to the Daily Spin featured in Bejeweled Blitz) as well as a multiplayer Versus mode, offering three different gameplay styles, and allowing two players to challenge one another over the (ad-hoc-only) DS Wireless Communications Network.
Game Features At-A-Glance
– Adventure Mode: Challenge yourself through 6 stages and 60 levels to defeat 6 imposing bosses
– Challenge Mode: Reach your potential by completing 60 score challenges
– Iron Frog Mode: With just one life, the going gets tougher each time you complete one of the 10 levels
– Tiki Temple: Track your Zumaic feats and collect 15 Achievements
– 6 Power-Ups: Turn up the heat and boost your firepower with Lightning, Laser and more
Exclusive to the Nintendo DS Version:
– Daily Dungeon Mode: Explore the mysteries of the dungeon calendar and come back every day to a fresh challenge featuring Astro, Blitz and Boss
– Versus Mode (cartridge only): Choose from 3 different multiplayer game styles and play with a friend over the DS Wireless Communications Network (ad-hoc only).
Zuma's Revenge! is the second game in a franchise that has sold over 20 million copies to date, featuring the adventures of PopCap's ball-blasting frog in a series of arcade-style challenges set in a tropical paradise. Popular adaptations of Zuma?s Revenge! have already appeared on PC/Mac and Facebook as well as a variety of mobile phones.