With the recent Kinect-less Xbox One bundle just becoming available, E3 2014 is an interesting year for Microsoft. Sure, there were some big announcements of sequels and original IPs but the Kinect still remains an afterthought. Microsoft also made it their point to state that the “Microsoft is all about the games” at every opportunity they got as they received initial criticism based around too many apps and special hardware features versus providing fun and entertaining games upon launch.
Click HERE for Nintendo’s E3 2014 summary.
Click HERE for Sony’s E3 2014 summary.
Here is a quick summary of just some of the highlighting features regarding Microsoft’s 2014 E3.
– A future Xbox One update will allow greater tracking of Achievements. It will be possible to snap the Achievement list to the side of the screen and each one will update in real time according to how close it is from being unlocked. There is also a feature that will instantly search the web for how to unlock a specific achievement if you are looking for a little help.
– Sunset Overdrive looks like a pretty unique game and even makes fun of military shooters in the trailer.
– Halo: The Master Chief Collection will release this holiday on Xbox One and will bundle a remastering of Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4. All DLC from these original games will be included as well as multiplayer support all from one disc. It will sell for a full $60 and is basically a “here, play this until Halo 5 comes out” excuse. Speaking of Halo 5, a playable beta will also be included.
– Titanfall is getting some more love as a few new modes and features will be available soon through DLC and updates.
– Mortal Kombat X looks gruesome as ever.
– Assassin’s Creed Unity will introduce male-only multiplayer to the series.
– A new Crackdown title is in the works.
– Many new indie games will be coming to Xbox One.
– Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege was announced.
– A new Mass Effect game will be coming to new gen systems.
– Fable Legends is a new game that will include multiplayer features.