Game publisher Destineer announced that it is bringing one of the most iconic arcade games of all time, Dragon's Lair, to Nintendo DS. The recent announcement of the Dragon's Lair Trilogy for Wii by Destineer brought a flood of emails demanding the game be released on the DS system. With over one million copies sold across various formats, Destineer is excited to bring this ground-breaking arcade game to the Nintendo DS.
An instant hit in its 1983 arcade debut, Dragon's Lair has become one of the most beloved arcade games. Play as valiant knight, Dirk the Daring, and immerse yourself in a fantasy adventure on a quest to rescue Princess Daphne from the clutches of Singe, an evil dragon. You control the actions of the daring adventurer, finding your way through the castle of a dark wizard, who has cast a spell on it with treacherous monsters and obstacles. Lead on adventurer, your quest awaits!
* Stunning visuals and an engaging storyline adapted from the classic arcade game.
* Timing is everything! Be quick and make the right choices on your quest to rescue Princess Daphne.
* Play in Arcade Mode to experience the fun of the classic arcade game. Choose Home Mode to play all the scenes that were present on the authentic laserdisc version, but were never actually played in the original arcade version.
* Animation from legendary American animator Don Bluth (The Land Before Time, Anastasia, Secret of NIMH).
* Completely arcade authentic.
* Remastered animation.
* An all-new move guide for beginners.
* Watch Mode – View all of the stunning animation without playing!
Dragon's Lair will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $19.99 for DS. For additional information please visit www.destineergames.com.
For information on the upcoming Wii release visit http://www.dragonslairtrilogy.com.