At E3 2011, dtp entertainment AG and Ronimo Games proudly unveiled the first trailer and gameplay details for the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) Awesomenauts. The game is slated for a release on Xbox Live Arcade and PlaystationNetwork later in 2011.
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the center is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platformering titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious teamplay and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
– For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
– Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
– A roster of unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
– Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
– Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
– Facemelting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
"Awesomenauts is inspired by classic, Saturday-morning cartoons from the 80's, and features a soundtrack that is sure to stick in your head for days!