Don’t be surprised if you never heard of Gurumin as it was a sleeper hit released on the PSP many years ago. However, player that did experience is quirky adventure usually gave it high praise and now Mastiff has just dropped the price even further. Official details below:
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure was described as the first “Zelda” game for Sony’s handheld, and much loved by players and critics alike. But time has passed since its release, and we know there are some new PSP system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system owners who still haven’t experienced the monstrous, huge, 3D, Japanese Action-RPG goodness that is Gurumin. We’d like to help. Effective today, the title is available on PlayStation Network for only $9.99.
About Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure stars a strong-willed girl named Parin, who is sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town while her parents are off excavating an ancient ruin. With no other children living in this town, Parin is surprised one day to encounter a young girl being tormented by a stray dog. After Parin drives off the mongrel, she is shocked to discover the young girl is actually a monster, and like all monsters, invisible to adults. Parin is soon invited to the mysterious Monster Village, which happens to be hidden right behind her town. Parin has just started making monster friends when evil spirits, known as Phantoms, invade the village and monsternap most of the inhabitants. Parin soon learns of the Legendary Drill, a weapon hidden underneath the village that is powerful enough to destroy the Phantoms. Thus begins Parin’s quest to reclaim the Legendary Drill and set the world right.
Gurumin features include:
- Non-linear game play in over 30 stages set in a variety of environments.
- 23 non-player characters, 48 unique enemies, and more than 90 items to collect.
- 18+ costumes to unlock, and 15 equip-able pieces of headgear to level up.
- Destroy everything in your path with your legendary drill: almost all objects in a stage can be destroyed, and many hide money and valuable items.
- Challenging boss battles, puzzles, and traps.
- Mini-games galore!
- Hidden characters, modes, and other secrets.