Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight, the first-person dungeon crawling RPG from ATLUS is now available in stores and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. A remake of the original Etrian Odyssey 2, this Untold version adds a brand new, voiced Story Mode with a set party of characters in addition to the traditional Classic Mode, with 13 different character classes. With brand new 3D graphics, completely new floor layouts and more, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is the definitive version of the game. Players can begin their handheld adventures beginning today, as the game is now available for $49.99/CA$59.99. As an added bonus, ATLUS will have more than $13 of downloadable content offered for free over a limited time as it rolls out over the next several weeks.
- Creatures of Comfort: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is the seventh entry in the Etrian franchise (eighth if you count Persona Q, and you know we do) and has a level of refinement that could only come from consumer feedback. Improved systems and mapping make Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold one of the most approachable Etrian titles to date.
- Untold Classics: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold has two ways to play the game, continuing the tradition of the Untold franchise. Classic mode revisits the original Etrian Odyssey 2 with updated graphics, player conveniences, and a full roster of classes. Story mode features a fixed party, but includes voiced dialogue, animated cutscenes and a bittersweet arc that explores the relationship between Arianna and the Fafnir Knight.
- What the Fafnir? The titular knight is the Fafnir class and is a never-before-seen addition to the Etrian franchise. He has the ability to transform into a beastly demonic form, which enhances his attributes and abilities, and is only available in the Story mode.
- Bring a Blanket: Just as in Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Persona Q, in addition to normal difficulty, players can choose Picnic mode for a low-difficulty experience or the masochi… er, veterans amongst them can choose Expert mode for a punishing play-through.
Available now in stores and on Nintendo eShop, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold offers more than 60 hours of gameplay and the most refined Etrian experience to date. The game is rated T by the ESRB. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch copies will come in a special package that includes the “Rough Sketch” soundtrack CD featuring music from renowned series composer Yuzo Koshiro, the “Official Staff Book” which contains pages of concept art and notes about the game’s development, and more.
Aug. 4 DLC Batch
- Yggdrasil Veteran: While there will be new portraits for each class in EO2U, the classic portraits from the original Etrian Odyssey will return as FreeLC for veterans that want to give their party a retro look.
Free Until Aug. 10
- Highlander’s Return: The Protagonist’s class from EOU makes a triumphant return in EO2U! This class focuses on sacrificing portions of their health to obliterate enemies and buff party members. Highlander Grimoire stones and the class is available in Story mode as well! (99 cents/CA$1.49 after Aug. 10.)
- Hidden Hot Springs!: There’s rumors of a secret hot spring inside the snow-covered 3rd Stratum! Can you find the hot springs and dig them up? As an added bonus, completing the quest in Story Mode will unlock special portraits for Arianna and Chloe! ($2.49/CA$3.49 after Aug. 10.)
- Wanted: Golden Sprout: An easy quest to find the Golden Sprout, which gives players a lot of En when they turn the quest in. Plus, Regina at the cafe can turn this into a dish that raises the party’s chances of getting premium Grimoire stones. ($1.99/CA$2.49.)