Ronimo Games, best known as the development team behind the original version of De Blob, today announced new details surrounding its debut title for WiiWare, Swords & Soldiers. New features such as historical inaccuracy (yes we said that), uncompromising style, some random stuff, and Morefun™ have been added to the game.
“WiiWare is the perfect platform for a Ronimo game, which we hope becomes something people expect to be unique in style, and most importantly, really fun,” said Fabian Akker, president of Romino Games. “We want to make games that the entire family can play, wants to play, and actually plays. Swords & Soldiers is one of those game that we hope really takes off and finds its audience.”
About Swords & Soldiers
Swords & Soldiers is the first side-scrolling strategy game on the Wii, allowing for accessible and deep gameplay, a clear overview of the battlefield, and most importantly, for our artists to show off their beard-drawing skills. Players can choose from three powerful and unique factions as they let loose their armies and cast awesome spells to destroy the enemies’ castle. Swords & Soldiers is developed and published by Ronimo games and features:
– Strategic Depth – Even though dishing out commands is easy as pie, that doesn't mean you can just click buttons and expect to walk all over the enemy. Choosing the right guy for the job and zapping the proper enemy at the right time is what this game is all about. So put on your thinking cap and get to strategizin'.
– Style – Thinking up new strategies is hard. But luckily you won't have to look at some wooden blocks or plastic tokens while doing it. A fresh style, full of character greets you when playing Swords & Soldiers. You'll traverse lush jungles and sun-soaked deserts while you humiliate your opponents.
– Modes Galore – We tried our best to squeeze every last drop of gameplay from our mechanics in all kinds of modes. To start you out, we have 10 level campaigns for each of the three factions. These start out easy to teach you the basics, but they build up to some seriously epic final conflicts. Then there are the skirmish modes, in which you can crush human or AI in customizable battles. And, to top it all off, there are three distinct challenge modes which twist specific parts of the gameplay into crazy high-score based time devourers.
– Historical Inaccuracy – We've done plenty of research into the historic background of the three factions. And then we threw all of it out of the window, but made up some entertaining bits which seemed sort of more fun. Finally, we added some other totally irrelevant funny bits about hot sauce and bolted them on for maximum absurdity.
– Easy Wiimote Controls – Everything in Swords & Soldiers is done using the pointer functionality of the innovative Wii Remote. Just click on the icons at the top to select the unit or spell you want to use against your enemies. In fact, playing Swords & Soldiers only requires one hand. So that leaves the other hand free for petting your cat while laughing maniacally.
– Morefun™ – Created in a lab by Dutch researchers, Morefun™ is Ronimo’s patent pending version of fun that makes games interesting and enjoyable to play. Imagine playing a game, that at the same time is actually fun. Powerful stuff.
– Achievements – Yes.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo games is a new development company, founded by the original creators of “de Blob” in October 2007. The team focuses on creating innovative games for a broad audience of people who buy games. The studio became a Nintendo licensed developer in spring 2008 and is currently working on its first WiiWare title: Swords & Soldiers. For more information on Ronimo Games and its products visit: www.ronimo-games.com.
Stay with www.mygamer.com.