Long for the days of retro arcade games and local co-op with friends? Look no further because Robbotto – the uPComing 2D co-op title from indie studio JMJ Interactive – is set to release on August 16, 2018 on PC and Nintendo Switch.
Join Robb and Otto, two intrepid maintenance robots, as they must travel through a malfunctioning spaces cruiser in an effort to shutdown the machines rampaging through the ship! Grab a seat on the couch and pass a controller to your friend, or take on an exciting solo campaign — enjoy a couple of hours of retro arcade fun.
“I feel that many games these days focus heavily on online gaming, and focus too much on complex mechanics,” said JMJ Interactive founder and Robbotto developer, Mårten Jonsson . “That’s fun and all, but there is always going to be a need for classic gaming with fun, straightforward gameplay. I’ve put a lot of effort into this game in order to provide the kind of gaming experience I enjoyed when I was a kid, and I hope people will have as much fun playing it as I had making it.”
- Retro aesthetic: Inspired by retro arcade titles, Robbotto is a nod to classic bar games.
- A plethora of levels and enemies: With over 100 levels, 20 different enemy types, and 10 massive bosses, Robbotto offers a wide variety of content to enjoy.
- Single player or local co-op: Play through the campaign solo or with a friend in asynchronous co-op.
- PC controller support: Play with a controller or keyboard on PC.
- Downloadable soundtrack: Purchase the game soundtrack in a separate DLC or in a bundle on Steam!
Robbotto is now listed on the Steam and Nintendo NA store; the game page for Nintendo Europe/Australia will go live on August 6.