2K and Firaxis Studios announced today that their collaboration on the PSP version of [i]Sid Meier's Pirates![/i] has successfully resulted in the release of the PSP port of the already popular swashbuckling adventure in North America. The game, before this latest incarnation, sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide, allows players to take on the appearance of a 17th century to pirate out to grab all there is to be grabbed by hook, crook..softshoe, sneaking, dueling, and hunting. Yes, pirates do dance..they just do it when you aren't around to see. Also with the PSP version comes a wireless multiplayer mode that allows a maximum of four players, a widescreen mode, chances for new treasure, and much more.
Christopher Hartmann, the President of 2K, offered the statement that "Given the immense popularity of Sid Meier's Pirates!, offering a PSP version of the game updated and optimized for the handheld market is a great way to expand its appeal.” He also went to add that "With the accessibility of the game combined with the portability of the PSP system and the wireless multiplayer features, we're confident Sid Meier's Pirates! will be a hit with on-the-go gamers."
2k Games has kindly provided us with a list of the other exciting activities that you can do on the sea, on the deck, and even on the dance floor. See for yourself.
*Wireless Multiplayer – Up to four players can play simultaneously using the Wi-Fi capabilities of the PSP, each with theirown dedicated screen using additional multiplayer maps.
* Treasure Hunt – Players will navigate ships around thebeautiful islands of the Caribbean on their quest to discover pirate
treasure, lost relatives, and Incan cities.
* Stealth/Sneaking – Using a 3D tile-based environment, playersmove one square at a time around a large grid of buildings to hide for
cover and fight with guards in the town.
* Land and Sea Battles – Engage in fierce naval battles, againstboth single vessels and multi-ship convoys. Harrowing action sequences
on ship decks include swinging from yard arms, slashing down sails, and clobbering enemy crew as players make their way to the enemy captain.
* Dancing – Learn to perform a series of intricate steps in this
overhauled and improved feature and dance your way into the Governor's daughter's heart. Besides companionship, she could be a wealth ofinformation or have access to a stash of special items.
* Accessible User Interface – The menus and user interface areoptimized for use on a portable device. The widescreen display is fully utilized and the controls available on the unit are used to theirmaximum potential for smooth navigation.
Please keep coming back to MyGamer.com for continued breaking news in the gaming world. Good luck out there, gamers. Nick McCavitt at email@example.com