DreamCatcher Interactive Inc., recently announced that its award-winning first-person shooter [i]Painkiller: Hell Wars[/i] has gone gold for the Xbox. Developed by People Can Fly, [i]Painkiller: Hell Wars[/i] features unyielding first-person shooter battles with the demonic forces of hell. Rated M for mature, [i]Painkiller: Hell Wars[/i] is scheduled for release on July 25, 2006.
“We have an awesome action-packed Xbox game that we’re all proud of,” said Byron Gaum, Global Product Marketing Manager at DreamCatcher Games. “Even the external testing teams, who see a lot of games come through their studio, were absolutely blown away by the fast-paced action, especially in multiplayer. This is the game that [I]Painkiller[/I] and Xbox action fans have been waiting for!”
[I]Painkiller[/I] Xbox Features:
• Intense gameplay: The player will be constantly outnumbered, fighting against seemingly insurmountable odds.
• Xbox Live: [i]Painkiller[/i] offers multiplayer action for up to eight players – in seven modes!
• Incredible graphics: The game uses the proprietary 3D “PAIN Engine” capable of pumping out an unbelievably high polygon count, while adding increased texture quality and the latest lighting and shadowing techniques.
• Combo weapons: All weapons come in pairs, with a primary and secondary fire.
• Morphing: Your unholy pact gives you the power to morph into a powerful possessed creature with every 33 souls collected.
• Lasting replay value: [i]Painkiller[/i] features a standard single player campaign, with additional modes to encourage replay. The game also features full multiplayer Live support.
• World’s most advanced physics engine: [i]Painkiller[/i] employs Havok 2.0, allowing for amazing physics and deformable, interactive environments.