Das Keyboard is taking the typing experience to new levels yet again, announcing the launch of the company’s newest version of its high-performance, award-winning keyboard—the Das Keyboard Model S.
The upgraded Das Keyboard Model S retails for $129 and is now available online for pre ordering. It will be shipping before the end of October.
As with past keyboards, the Das Keyboard Model S is available in the Professional version, which provides labeled keys, as well as the Ultimate version, a completely blank keyboard for typing and gaming enthusiasts in search of a more euphoric typing experience. The Model S also includes the same German-engineered gold-plated mechanical key-switches available in all Das Keyboard products, which are responsible for the distinct “click” of each keystroke and provide better tactile and audible feedback than standard keyboards.
New features of the Das Keyboard Model S include:
– *Media functions* – Standard media functions such as mute, volume, play/pause, stop, previous track, next track and sleep now can quickly be controlled with simple keystrokes.
– *Two USB connectors *– One connector is for the keyboard; the other connects and provides more power to the keyboard’s two-port USB hub, which can be used for charging USB-connected devices.
– *External PS/2 adapter* – Provides users with an additional connection option. Customers can now choose between a USB or PS/2 keyboard connection.
– *Full n-key rollover* – A PS/2 connected Model S has full n-key rollover, allowing a user to enter—and the keyboard to recognize—all keys simultaneously. (USB provides 6-key rollover.)
– *KVM switch compatible* – Now, more than one computer can be controlled from a single Das Keyboard.
“Our high-performance keyboards have long been admired by customers around the world because they provide a completely unique and more satisfying typing experience,” said Daniel Guermeur, creator of the Das Keyboard and CEO of Metadot Corporation. “The new features included in our Model S empower customers with more keyboard options and functionality, enabling them to be even more productive anytime they’re in front of their computers.”
*Shhhh – “Silent” Das Keyboard Now Available *
For the first time, Das Keyboard also is offering a silent version (okay … “quieter version”) of its award winning keyboard. While the extremely familiar “clicking” sound of a Das Keyboard is to the delight of typing enthusiasts, such loud typing has apparently drawn occasional complaints from co-workers, and even spouses, of Das Keyboard owners. The Das Keyboard Model S Silent version (Professional only) features similar mechanical key switches as those on the original keyboard, but produce a much softer “click.”
“We know our keyboards up to this point haven’t exactly been ideal for the silent types or certain office environments, so we feel this new quieter version is a logical, as well as courteous, expansion of our product line,” added Guermeur. “While each keystroke has a slightly softer feel and isn’t nearly as loud, the quieter version of our Model S keyboard still provides the type of tactile and audible feedback that Das Keyboard users are looking for and enjoy.”
The Das Keyboard Model S Silent version retails for $135. It’s currently available online for pre ordering and will be shipping before the end of October.
Read the full MyGamer review of the Pro Model HERE.
Stay with www.mygamer.com.