Combining the best of the Metroidvania and roguelike genres, A Robot Named Fight’s monstrous creatures, huge item variety, quirky writing, and synthwave soundtrack hit the sweet spot between retro and modern platformers. Also, the game features local co-op. Start a new game, have a friend join in, and battle the Megabeast side-by-side ‘90s style
Thousands of years have passed since the mechanical gods ascended and left the lower robots to cultivate the world. Unfortunately for those left behind, something forgotten and terrible is stirring among the stars: the Megabeast, a pulsating moon-sized orb of flesh, eyes, mouths and reproductive organs – unleashing its children onto the world like an unstoppable plague.
In A Robot Named Fight, you play as a lone robot tasked with retrieving wartime artifacts deep beneath the surface of your planet. Explore a procedurally-generated underground world filled with fleshy monsters and randomized powerups. Stay sharp, and try not to die – or you’ll have to start from scratch. To mount a challenge against the Megabeast, you must secure enough artifacts to open new paths and upgrade your offensive and defensive power. Take hold of your destiny, honor your ancestors, and defeat the Megabeast once and for all!
* Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
* Prove your worth with true permadeath.
* Take on over 50 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
* Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 60 unique items.
* Complete achievements to unlock new content.
* Play using your favorite controller.
* Use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting previous saves.
* Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
A Robot Named Fight will launch on Steam on Thursday, September 7 for only $7.49 – 25% off the game’s retail price. The sale will end a week after launch (September 14).