Pax Romana is an historical strategy game set in ancient Rome, designed by the creators of Europa Universalis. There are two sides to this epic game ? political and strategic. The strategic side is very much a battle of cunning and well-planned military tactics, whereas the political side involves the manipulation of senators and generals alike, as politicians seek to gain military and financial power. Both sides to the game require sharp wits and the ability to manipulate one’s peers, especially in the multi-player version. The game features an intelligent and intuitive interface with five real time game speeds and multiplayer functionality for up to 6 players. Ultimately the victor is the player who uses his political influence, wealth or military force to become the leader of Rome ? and then only if Rome herself is victorious!
* Historical real-time strategy game on the Roman Republic from 275 to 43 BC, with 10 different historical scenarios
* Six active Roman political factions, represented by players (up to 6 in multiplayer mode), dozens of opponents to select among the 100+ nations represented in the game
* Historically faithful representation of Roman world politics, economy, diplomacy and military
* Realistic rendering of characters, buildings, resources, landscapes and military or civilian units
* Large map of ancient Europe, from Ireland to Persia, including multiple zoom levels and 4 different map modes
* Over 150 historical events, dozens of stratagems that can be used by players, and all famous historical characters of Roman history,
* A strategy game with a strong political focus that will make the most of your negotiating talent when confronted by a high-level