Kingston Digital announced a new SDXC Class 10 memory card that is ideal for price conscious consumers. The card captures full HD videos and high-resolution photos at an affordable price that will not break the budget.
Fully compliant with the latest SD Association specification, Kingston's Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) Class 10 card operates on the exFAT file system, which is designed to handle extremely large volumes of data, such as files bigger than 4GB. Available in 64GB and 128GB, these cards are an excellent choice to meet the storage demands of high-quality digital still and video cameras as well as other personal electronic devices that are SDXC compatible. Additionally, SDXC cards offer a speed class rating known as Class 10 that delivers a 10MB/s minimum sustained transfer rate for optimum performance with SDXC-compatible devices.
It is important to note that although SDXC cards are identical in size to standard SD cards, they have a different design and are only recognized by SDXC host devices, said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. Consumers need to make sure that their camera or camcorder carries the SDXC logo to ensure compatibility and make the most of the new, huge capacity options.
For added reliability and durability, Kingstons solid-state SDXC memory cards are built of nonvolatile memory components and have no moving parts that could wear out or break. All cards are 100-percent tested and are backed by a lifetime warranty as well as free live technical support. For more information, visit www.kingston.com.
KINGSTON'S SDXC CLASS 10 MEMORY CARDS FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- COMPLIANT: with the SD Card Association specification
- SECURE: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- COMPATIBLE: with SDXC host devices; SDXC cards are not compatible with SD & SDHC-enabled devices/readers
- FILE FORMAT: exFAT (SDXC 64GB-128GB)
FAT32 (SDHC 4GB-32GB)
- RELIABLE: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- CAPACITIES*: 64GB, 128GB
- DIMENSIONS: 0.94" x 1.25" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
- SPEED CLASS RATING: Class 10 10MB/s minimum sustained transfer rate
- STORAGE TEMPERATURES: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURES: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- VOLTAGE: 3.3V
KINGSTON SDXC CLASS 10 MEMORY CARD
CAPACITY AND FEATURES
MSRP (U.S. ONLY)
64GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Card
128GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Card
These Class 10 cards are meant for HD video recording but do not support some simultaneous video and still capture features.
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.