The Yggdrasil tree is now open for the most intrepid of adventurers! Get ready to gather your party and venture forth into the terrifying unknown because the Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth demo is now available to download.
The demo lets prospective explorers create whatever party their heart desires (every character and class is available) in order to get a head start on all the map-making and FOE-escaping Etrian action. Although the level caps at 10 and the tree can only be explored up until the third floor, parties and progress transfer to the main game when it comes out. There’s no reason to dillydally! Download the demo at the Nintendo eShop today and get a head start on discovering some glorious treasure.
Also, here is the trailer for the Rover class:
And here is the trailer for the Necromancer class:
They say that whoever reaches the top of the colossal Yggdrasil will have their greatest wish fulfilled. So what’s so hard about hiking up a tree? Well, besides being a gigantic labyrinth, the Yggrasil tree is home to many nightmarish creepy crawlies and terrifying FOEs just waiting for a tasty treat to come waltzing by. But don’t let that dampen your adventurous spirit because the Etrian Odyssey V launch edition contains many treasures that will strengthen your resolve! Here’s what you’ll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab the limited launch edition of the game:
- 24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
- 6-Track Music CD – A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro!
- Outer Box – The Yggdrasil tree and eager adventurers adorn this colorful outer box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth features:
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odysseygame without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn–and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs–high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers–roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Aksys Games is thrilled to announce that Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of Dusk, the newest installment in the Jake Hunter series, will be making its physical and digital debut for the Nintendo 3DS in Fall 2018. A homeless man’s accidental death draws [...]
The turn of the decade was an odd time for handheld systems, before then most RPGs were short lived affairs –something that would normally clock in at a couple dozen hours max, instead of the possible 80 or longer that the big brother console games had [...]
Nintendo just included four new games to their MyNintendo program. Users are able to download these full version titles in exchange for Gold Coins. Gold Coins are earned by buying games and registering them whereas Platinum Coins are earned by using [...]