XIII is the first FPS to utilize cel-shaded graphics to create a visually stunning effect unique within the action genre. The next-generation animation and Unreal Engine technology combine to illustrate XIII’s complex and immersive story. XIII features a conspiracy of epic proportions, and players will unravel clues behind the story’s compelling and mysterious events through the game’s unique flashback visuals. Are you a special-forces super soldier or just another psychopath with a gun? If you could only just remember. Feel lucky?
* The Ulimate Conspiracy: Unravel a whirling conspircy plot where your identity, the President’s assassination, and the future of America are shrouded in mystery.
* Unique Visual Style: Graphic-novel presantation, flashback graphics, and pop-up windows create a groundbreaking entry into the genre.
* Groundbreaking Gameplay: To survive, you’ll master techniques ranging from covert infiltration to heavy combat for a variety of gameplay that’s unprecedented.
* A Deadly Arsenal of Weapons: Handle a dizzying array of weapons, ranging from silent crossbows to precision sniper rifles.
* A New Kind of Multiplayer: Square off against others in innovative, custom-designed multiplayer modes, such as Barfight and cooperative Cover Me, along with classic modes such as Capture the Flag and Deathmatch.
* PlayStation 2 players benefit from five multiplayer modes including “The Hunt” and “Power Up” with up to four players online, in addition to the two-player split-screen offline. The exclusive PlayStation 2 multiplayer mode, Power Up, is a custom Deathmatch multiplayer mode, which includes various pick-ups – some classic pick-ups are replaced with funnier ones, such as “Frag Instant Death” (ability to kill opponent with one shot) or “SuperGnome” (character becomes deformed). Additionally, pick-ups are chosen according to the player’s score position. The best player will receive the worst pick-ups and vice versa.