The world of Valkyria Revolution is inspired by the European industrial revolution era and focuses on a war of liberation between two vastly different nations. With this in mind, legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda has created a score that reflects the classic feel of that era for the game. What better way to do this than to have the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra conduct a live concert-hall recording for the soundtrack? Plus, previous Mitsuda collaborator Sarah Àlainn, a multilingual Australian-Japanese singer with a voice spanning over 3 octaves, lends her hauntingly beautiful voice to a couple tracks.
digital pre-orders for the game are now live for PS4 and XBOX One! Joining the elite Vanargand unit is a huge honor and those who pick the digital pre-order route will be gifted with a few extra items to help in the good fight. For the Americas, prospective recruits will receive The Formation of Vanargand and The Ring of Contract DLC Scenarios, 30 ragnite shards, a collection of special ragnite to use in combat (Time Flux+, Heal Field+, Fall Earth+, and Shine Calibur+). If you reside in the European theatre, you’ll receive the 30 ragnite shards and the Time Flux+, Heal Field+, and Fall Earth+ ragnites. The game launches June 27, 2017 in the Americas.
PS4 owners who digitally pre-order Valkyria Revolution will also get an exclusive “The Princess and the Valkyria” theme to display proudly.
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.