In addition to announcing a new XBLA game, UFO has also confirmed a PS3 exclusive “Cute’em up.” Official details below:
UFO Interactive Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced their plans to release the top-down, vertical scrolling shooter, Mamorukun Curse! on the PlayStation Network on July 16, 2013 across North America.
Published by UFO Interactive Games, and developed by G.rev Ltd. and Gulti, this “cute ’em up” style shooter follows Mamorukun and several other Chosen Souls who have been plucked from the realm of the Living and tosses into the Netherworld. Not remembering how they all wound up in such a strange place, the Chosen Souls are immediately ordered by the wholesomely cute and utterly demanding Ms Fululu, to assist her in restoring balance to the Netherworld and stopping the World of Darkness from taking over. With their newly acquired Curse Powers, the Chosen Souls must fight their way through the Netherworld in order to find and seal the gate that separates the Netherworld from the World of Darkness before it’s too late.
In Mamorukun Curse! players will choose from any one of seven different characters–all with different gameplay mechanics and bullet-based attack patterns–as they shoot and dodge their way through waves of screen-filling enemy fire. With multiple game play modes, online leaderboards, 66 challenging PS3 Trophies to unlock, loads of over-the-top tongue in cheek humor, as well as all of the previously released downloadable content (DLC) from the original Japanese version of the game (at no extra cost), it is up to the players bring peace back to the Underworld once again.
Mamorukun Curse! Key Features:
- 3 exciting game play modes: Netherworld Action Mode, Arcade Mode, and Story Mode
- Online Leaderboards: Use Curse Powers to rack up huge bonuses and challenge your friends to the top-ranking spot of the online leaderboards
- Includes all previously released DLC from the original Japanese version:
- 2 Extra Netherworld Adventures Courses
- 2 Additional playable characters: Nowa and Rukino for use in Arcade Mode and Netherworld Adventures Mode
- Alternate Costumes for all 7 characters
- 66 challenging PS3 Trophies to unlock
An all-new announcement trailer for Mamorukun Curse! is now available on the official UFO Interactive Games YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/LulPEBa_dVk.
Mamorukun Curse! will be available on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 on July 16, 2013 across North America for $19.99.