UFO Games is transitioning from their cartoony Johnny 3DS eShop games to something a little more mature. Working in conjunction with Tragnarion Studios, the Scourge series is seeing a revival on XBLA this summer. Official press release below:
UFO Interactive Games, in partnership with Tragnarion Studios today announced the uPComing worldwide release of Scourge: Outbreak as an arcade game on Xbox LIVE online entertainment network from Microsoft on July 3, 2013.
A raw and gritty, futuristic squad-based third-person shooter (TPS) built with Unreal Engine 3, Scourge: Outbreak pits the veteran mercenaries of Echo Squad, against their sworn enemies, the Nogari Corporation, in a desperate mission to rescue a double agent hidden behind enemy lines and to recover a mysterious meteorite fragment from Nogari’s possession. Convinced that Nogari’s ‘Ambrosia Fuel Technology’ is connected with deadly plagues that threaten to ravage the world, this may be Echo Squad’s last and only shot at bringing the Nogari threat to its knees once and for all.
Scourge: Outbreak marks the Xbox LIVE debut of a massively overhauled and vastly improved version of The Scourge Project: Episodes 1 & 2, originally released for Windows® PC in April 2010. With a host of new features and enhancements based on community feedback, including new and re-vamped gameplay, a stronger and more prominent story narrative, smarter AI, more gratifying gunplay, powerful new XP Perks, a much more detailed and vibrant world, and a long list of other exciting changes, the differences between TSP and Scourge: Outbreak are phenomenal!
“Scourge: Outbreak looks better, plays better, and is far more fun than The Scourge Project ever was,” said Ake Mora Temnerud, Studio Director of Tragnarion Studios. “It’s a game that our small, humble team is immensely proud of, and we think that once players get into the game, they are really going to enjoy all of the newly-added content and features we’ve added.”
Scourge: Outbreak Key Features:
- Up to 4-Player Co-op Campaign with 6+ hours of gameplay
- 4 Playable Characters, each with different weapon handling stats and a distinct combination of Special Abilities
- Unique character-specific flashbacks that reveal critical past events, and shed a new light on the game’s story
- XP system to track your experience and unlock powerful gameplay rewards in Campaign AND Multiplayer
- Squad AI for groups with less than 4 Players
- Quick-Order-System (QOS) for rapid deployment of squad-members
- 9 Weapons, plus multiple variants of each to suit your style of play
- Up to 8 Players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag multiplayer Versus modes in 5 action-packed maps!
- Leaderboards for competing with friends and other Players around the world!
- Challenging Achievements to unlock
A teaser trailer for Scourge: Outbreak is now available on the official UFO Interactive Games YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/gfrJ4wvRQRE
This summer, team up with some squad mates and prepare to blast holes through Nogari forces. Help reveal Echo Squad’s shrouded past and uncover the truth before the truth catches up to them. Featuring full 4-player co-op support throughout the entire 6+ hour campaign, as well as intense close-quarters PvP modes for up to 8 players, Scourge: Outbreak promises to be a must-have title for Xbox LIVE Arcade fans worldwide.
Scourge: Outbreak will be available on Xbox LIVE July 3, 2013 worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points. For more information on Scourge: Outbreak please visit the official site at www.scourgeoutbreak.com.