Description: STAR TREK: TACTICAL ASSAULT is a real-time spaceship combat game for 1 or 2 players, featuring a wide array of authentic Star Trek races, ships, and weaponry from the universe of the original Star Trek series. Players take command of powerful Federation and Klingon warships and must outthink and out duel their opponents in order to succeed. Play through either the Federation or Klingon campaigns in single-player mode, or go head-to-head against a friend in wireless multiplayer action. Gameplay in Star Trek: Tactical Assault is about tactics, effective movement, and the use of your ship's weapons and shields. Success in battle depends on balancing your precious energy resources efficiently between these three competing needs.
Story: For the Federation, you are in command of a starship at the start of the Federation's initial five-year mission. A devastating surprise attack by the Klingons leads to full-scale war. As the Federation's Captain, your skills are needed to restore order in the universe. The Federation campaign is a story of responsibility and heroism. For the Klingons, you command an Empire where aggression is the only way to survive, but honor is more important than survival. However, there are some who are willing to betray the Empire and their families for personal gain.
· Based on the films of The Original Series. Space is the final frontier, Kirk is in command, and the Klingons are the bad guys. Play through the era that started it all with this classic Star Trek game.
· Real-time combat involving multiple warships. The true test of a Captain is his ability to act under fire. Every second counts as you attempt to out-maneuver enemy warships and expose their weaknesses while protecting your own.
· Two full campaign modes. Become a hero of the Federation or a champion of the Klingon Empire in two full-length, independent campaigns.
· Branching missions with multiple outcomes. You are in command. As Captain, it is up to you to make decisions for the good of your Empire. With a multitude of paths to choose from, you will decide the direction and ultimate outcome of your campaign.
· Head-to-Head wireless multiplayer. Test your skills and tactics against the most challenging opponents you'll find…your friends.
· Five playable races. In Skirmish and Multiplayer modes, command ships from the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, and Orion fleets. Each fleet has its own combat philosophy, strengths, and weaknesses. Tactics that lead to victory for one race will result in disaster for another.