Pirates of the Caribbean allows the player to enter a world that captures the romance of the 17th century upon the Caribbean. The focus of this heroic game consists of steering mighty sailing ships and partaking in naval battles. Players captain their own ship and have the opportunity to live the life of a pirate by fighting tooth-and-nail for gold and experience. Adventuring choices range from captaining a squadron for one of the European powers, bloodthirsty pirating, peaceful and profitable merchant sailing or becoming a fearless bounty hunter.
* Mix of two independent game modes, each with its own gameplay. Valuable fusion of role-playing game and sailing ship simulator.
* Spacious game world full of pirates and sea romance.
* Staggering graphics from the Storm 2 game engine, able to precisely imitate sea scenery, tropical landscapes and colonial towns, including weather and lightning effects.
* Use of skeletal animation and motion capture for giving life to more than 150 game characters.
* Selection of two main heroes, each of them has its own way to finish the game.
* Over 30 historically accurate sailing ships for players to steer. Six different varieties of cannon can be installed onto these ships.
* Quest generation system, giving players a chance to continue the game even after completion of the main story line.
* Ability to join NPCs to the player character and create a game party; manage the NPC’s evolution, along with their ships and crews.
* A chance to take part in large-scale naval battles. Player gives orders to their allies and companions, but can also sink and board enemy ships alone. If the player has an overwhelming advantage, the enemy may surrender.
* Ability to moor on any shore if the landscape doesn’t prevent the ship from drawing near. Travel in the primeval jungles of tropical islands, where landscape is generated. Hidden “secret” locations can be discovered on the islands outside towns.
* Siege colonies to ransack them and load your holds with precious loot.
* Massive melee combats with numerous people taking action in it. Boarding, fort sieges and simply street scuffles can occur any time. Ability to use cold steel and firearms in melee combats. Ability to replenish player’s crew, taking surrendered enemies into the player’s crew.
* Ability to take captives and slaves in boarding and fort sieges, in order to improve profits with ransoms and slave trade.
* Abilityto blockade islands and sea routes that could weaken an island fortgarrison or the arrival of a punitive squadron.
* Ability to sneak into a hostile town to complete a given quest. Ability to smuggle goods and sell them for higher prices. Or be caught by the guards… and killed!
* Player character can obtain items, which affect their parameters and abilities.