Tiki Games, a California-based independent developer of interactive entertainment, today announced that NOVASTRIKE will be available on PLAYSTATION Network today.
“We’re definitely very pleased to finally finish NOVASTRIKE for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system – it’s been quite a journey getting here as an independent developer and first-time publisher,” said Kevin McCann, president and creative director of Tiki Games. “NOVASTRIKE is also going to be the first self-published game on the PLAYSTATION®Network – so for other independent developers out there, we’re living proof that it’s definitely possible to self-publish a game on the PLAYSTATION®Network.”
Hardened shooter veterans will find a wealth of options in their arsenal in NOVASTRIKE, a sci-fi war zone that pits players against an onslaught by the world-conquering Draelus. From the cockpit of their experimental Scythe fighter, able pilots will utilize free-roaming flight and multiple weapon variations to combat an armada of alien forces in the air and on land. With ship and weapon upgrades, and a slew of allied units, players of NOVASTRIKE will engage the Draelus in a variety of planetary environments, completing objectives and facing fearsome opponents in their fight to drive back the invasion.
• Seven expansive challenging stages driven by objective-based goals
• Free-roaming flight: there aren’t any rails here, so players can fly in any direction
• Progressive weapon acquisition and upgrade system: as the player collects weapon drops from enemy ships the weapons themselves become available to the Scythe – there are nine base weapon systems, each with three subsequent upgrade levels
• Air and ground targets: two separate weapon systems allow the player to combat both air and ground opponents
• Multi-sectioned enemies where individual components can be destroyed; for example, carriers have hangars that launch fighters – these hangars can be destroyed independently of destroying the Carrier preventing the Carrier from launching additional fighters
• Multitude of enemies and environments: players combat enemy fighters, bombers, kamikazes, aces, carriers, and destroyers, all leading to an end-boss fight
• You’re not alone: friendly fighters, bombers, and destroyers will aid you in your efforts to vanquish the Draelus invasion
• DualShock 3 support
• Continuing support: Tiki Games will be developing additional content for NOVASTRIKE throughout 2008
Stay with www.mygamer.com.