Deep in the bowels of the Black Mesa Federal Research Facility, a decommissioned missile base, a top-secret project is underway. You are Gordon Freeman, a young research associate in the Anomalous Materials Laboratory. You have limited security clearance and no real idea of just how dangerous your job has become, until something goes horribly wrong.
Is it sabotage? An accident? Or is it something you did?
* Enemy AI: Half-Life’s monsters are also remarkably–even terrifyingly–intelligent. Our proprietary AI has them running in packs, assessing threats and showing a marked distaste for suicide runs. You’d better think as fast as they do.
* Rendering Technologies: So you don’t want to have to buy a special hardware accelerator just to get 16-bit color, colored lighting, blurring, translucency or other cool visual effects? Then don’t. Half-Life has developed all these features in software so now they’re an integral part of the gameplay, not just eye-candy. Of course, if you do have Open-GL, Direct 3D or MMX hardware, things will look mind-bogglingly cool.
* Skeletal Animation System: Our new animation system lets us create monsters that are more spectacularly menacing than ever before. Half-Life’s monsters have the highest polygon count, and the most fluid and complex motion ever seen in an action game.
* Multiplayer: Joining a multiplayer game is now fast and easy, thanksto Half-Life’s powerful interface. Find your friends, choose the type of game you prefer and let our master server do the rest. Choose from a variety of multiplayer gameplay scenarios, and use our decal technology to mark your territory with a personal or clan logo.
* Hazard Course training area for practicing movements, special maneuvers, and weapons use
* Seamless level transitions
* A variety of real-world, experimental, and alien-world weapons.