The sequel to Half-Life, one of the most popular action games ever made, will feature the return of former Black Mesa research associate Gordon Freeman. In Half-Life 2, Freeman can expect to encounter several characters from the previous game, including Barney the security guard and the mysterious G-man, for whom Freeman now works. Freeman will also meet a new female character, Alyx, whose mother was killed during the events of the original game.
* Scientist-with-a-crowbar Gordon Freeman joins a ragtag human resistance fighting extradimensional invaders for the survival of a conquered Earth
* Unnervingly realistic graphics the likes of which have not been witnessed outside of a motion picture or pre-rendered cut scene
* Realistic physics: objects have varied and appropriate mass, density, physical properties
* Ingenious artificial intelligence: enemies will adapt, plan, improvise, and respond
* Hordes of new aliens and other enemies, plethora of guns and other weapons.