The sequel to the critically acclaimed RPG, Gothic, Gothic II takes you on an even greater journey of adventure and discovery. The plot continues from the cliff-hanger of the original: After the imprisoned colony members are victorious, collapsing the magical barrier, the former Prison Colony is struck by a terrible earthquake, claiming the lives of many. The majority of survivors seize this opportunity to escape with only a handful of people remaining in the derelict prison.
* A hybrid RPG game with a massive, fully 3D, lush environment.
* Explore the Gothic II world from a first-person point-of-view or switch to a third-person view for fast-paced melee combat.
* Gripping non-linear storyline continues from the original game. The adventure unfolds according to the character class you choose ? even first-time Gothic gamers will enjoy the story.
* Three different class guilds, each offering its own unique allies, enemies and skills ? fearless paladin (militia), unscrupulous dragon hunter (mercenary) or novice (magician).
* Gain experience and skills by fighting and using magic, including close-combat and long?range weapons skills, combo moves, and new magic spells.
* 150+ close-combat weapons, including clubs, swords, daggers, hammers and axes. Long-range weapons include hunting crossbows and longbows.
* Seven circles of magical power to increase your hero?s supernatural abilities.
* 400+ NPCs with improved AI react differently, depending on your character class and any previous encounters you?ve had. Spoken dialog adds life and personality to NPC encounters.
* More than 50+ monsters, including goblins, orc warriors, trolls, shadowbeasts and lurkers. Newcomers to Gothic II include wargs, fire lizards, demons, field raiders, dragonsnappers and magic gollums.
* Impressive lighting effects and day and night cycles ? experience thunderstorms, snow, water reflections, and more.