Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising features an innovative style of combat not seen in other online multiplayer games, courtesy of Perpetual Entertainment Lead Designer Stieg Hedlund, lead designer of the best-selling RPG Diablo II. Reminiscent of an Action/RPG, combat moves can be linked together and even include â€œfinishingâ€? moves to provide a more dynamic, dramatic and visceral feel to battles. Squad-based combat is another unique aspect of Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising; players will earn and command Non-Player Characters (NPCs) in a variety of strategic groupings to form individual squads, create unique formations and implement combat tactics for these squads to execute on command, maximizing their power in combat.
- Embark on a Hero's journey to explore and conquer mythic Rome.
- Acquire, train and control a squad of warriors in epic battles using both traditional and user-created.formations.
- Build and customize a squad of soldiers including melee, ranged and caster-class fighters.
- Master forceful hand-to-hand combat tactics in gladiatorial duels based on the ancient pankratic method of wrestling.
- Face and fight fierce mythological creatures including Medusa, Chimera, Cereberus and the Hydra among others waiting to challenge you.
- Experience fast-paced combat featuring moves choreographed and tuned so finely that the timing resonates to the feel of action role-playing games.
- Command and wield the unequaled powers of the gods as you fight to save Rome.
- Fight alongside and control as part of your squad creatures of myth including the Minotaur, Cyclops, Automaton and others.
- Embark on over 1,000 story-driven missions.