Lead your armies to victory by honing their abilities in research and development, creating a more powerful force than any other on the planet. Build with foresight, however; the bigger and more expensive units take longer to build and are invested in over time rather than being an instant purchase. Players will then have to plan several game turns in advance, tailoring far-reaching strategies to fit the current strategic situation.
Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of: make it happen in World at War.
* Four full-length scenarios (Spring ?40, Summer ?41, Spring ?42, Summer ?43) lasting to the end of the war
* Over 350 areas on a sprawling world map
* Five playable forces (Germany, Japan, the Soviet Union, the Western Allies, and China) and 38 different countries
* Command fifteen different combat units in the air, on the land, and at sea, as well as infrastructure and supply units
* Each unit has up to 14 attributes, most of which can be improved through research and development
* Rules that cover strategic movement, forts, cold weather zones, airborne attack, amphibious invasions, partisans, militia, and many other features
* Fog of War rules that hide enemy units and production
* Supply rules that can be set to provide a common pool for all units to draw from, or the creation of field units that must accompany the armies
* PBEM playability for two to five players
Challenging AI that offers a unique gaming experience
* Ability to automate either or both the Production and Research functions
* An in-depth tutorial that smoothly integrates the player with the game
And much more!