Day of Defeat (a.k.a. DoD) is the latest online action experience from Valve, makers of Half-Life and Counter-Strike. Stationed in the heart of WWII’s European Theater of Operations, players join the ranks of an elite military squad entrenched in battle.
Each team has several “player classes,” that give each squad member a unique role. These include scout, infantry, sergeant, machine gunner, and more, each with a unique arsenal of historical weaponry at their disposal.
Day of Defeat includes an expansive collection of missions based on key historical battles. And a near infinite number of additional missions, created by the online development community, are available for download.
As war rages, squads must battle as a unit to achieve victory.
* Class system gives each player a unique role
* Historically-simulated weaponry and items
* Dozens of missions based upon WWII’s greatest battles.
* Built-in support for voice communication
* Introduction of British troops.
* Enhanced FX for smoke, fire, rain, etc.
* New sounds and music.
* Updated player and item models.
* New maps.
* Completely overhauled interface – supports in and out of game configuration, server browsing, and more.