“Counter-Strike,” the world’s most popular online action game and first-person shooter for the PC makes its console debut exclusively on Xbox and Xbox Live. “Counter-Strike” for Xbox allows gamers to challenge other players in intense team-based multiplayer action in two thrilling game types: Bomb Defusal and Hostage Rescue via Xbox Live or System Link. “Counter-Strike” on Xbox will be the most graphically advanced version of the series to date, showcasing the technical prowess of Xbox.
Intense Xbox Live Multiplayer Action Features:
* Gamers can battle real players throughout the world with Xbox Live, strategizing and communicating with up to 16 players via the Xbox Live Communicator headset.
* A unique player-ranking system will allow players to select games with equal-caliber opponents, while Xbox Live helps ensure cheat-free playing fields.
* “Counter-Strike” for Xbox allows players to use their Xbox as a customizable, dedicated server to host multiplayer games. Players can customize a multitude of gameplay options including timing, map type, weapons, number of rounds, etc.
* With Xbox Live Aware, gamers that are playing the single player offline mode can be invited to join a multiplayer game.
* Gamers can also check to see who is the very best via the real-time leader boards. System Link functionality will also be available.
* Engage in single-player and multiplayer cooperative play – The unique “Counter-Strike” AI opponents (bots) offer a wide-variety of challenging gameplay modes including multiplayer cooperative game types. Players can form cooperative teams on Xbox Live or System Link and challenge an all or partial AI bot team
* Exclusive new content and game enhancements – Players will be treated to 18 graphically enhanced multiplayer maps and a total of 12 visually improved team characters. Xbox exclusive content includes, seven exclusive new multiplayer maps, one counter terrorist team, one terrorist team and 20 character skin variants. The best and most popular classic “Counter-Strike” maps are available to play, including one of the community favorites Dust.
* Exclusive visual and audio enhancements – All new dynamic vision adjustment allows players to literally see their character’s vision adjust to changes in lighting. Players can also lose their audible senses temporarily of they are too close to an explosion.
* Intense sound and HDTV support – Dolby Digital 5.1 in-game sound and HDTV (480p) create an even more immersive game experience.
* Real-life weapons and gadgets – Players can choose from more than 20 real-life weapons: Shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols and other military artillery are available.
* In-game tutorials – Newcomers to the “Counter-Strike” franchise will learn the nuances of the award winning gameplay through an in-game tutorial training system. Gamers can experience “Counter-Strike” at their own pace and master it in no time.
* Downloadable content – New maps are planned for download on Xbox Live.