Stella Glow, announced as a 2015 title for Atlus, will be getting a holiday release this year. Stella Glow is a strategy RPG for the Nintendo 3DS developed by Imageepoch (Luminous Arc franchise). The game centers around Alto and his childhood friend Lisette as they try to stop Hilda the Witch of Destruction, and features unique “Song Magic.” The game will be released in the Americas with English audio, but with the 20+ songs left in their original Japanese, performed by some of Japan’s most beloved voice actresses. Stella Glow will be available this holiday for $49.99/CA$59.99, and will be available for pre-order starting this week.
As most reluctant heroes do, Stella Glow-protagonist Alto starts as a country boy in a small town. One day, he hears a song coming from the forest (which is odd, since song has been absent on the planet for thousands of years), where he discovers the lone Hilda. But after the chance encounter, Hilda reveals she’s the Witch of Destruction, hellbent on destroying the world with her Harbingers. As Hilda is about to destroy Alto’s hometown, he and Lisette are rescued by the Royal Knights and whisked back safely to the kingdom. Alto joins the 9th Regiment for the sole purpose of gathering the other Witches to stop Hilda.
Stella Glow Features:
- Song Magic: Famous Japanese voice actors sing more than 20 songs in the game. Plus, the soundtrack is composed by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears). The songs are part of Song Magic – a Vital combat and story element. Players can even choose to “tune” the Witches’ hearts to increase their abilities.
- Solid Strategy Gameplay: From the team behind the classic Luminous Arc games comes a brand new IP with the same renowned level of strategic combat.
- Free Time: Players will get an allotment of Free Time where they can upgrade or buy items, tune Witches’ hearts, explore, and grind experience, but that’s in limited supply as Combat Time will drive along the game’s story.
- Forming Bonds: Several Free Time options allow players to deepen relationships with their comrades, even form romances, which can unlock new powers and special events – make sure to use your Free Time accordingly!
- Plenty of Fight: Stella Glow will have 40-60 hours of story and sidequest content, with multiple endings, New Game+ mode, and more than 50 maps to battle on. The world of Stella Glow is rich and vibrant with tons to do!
Strategy RPG Stella Glow will be available in the Americas this holiday season and is available for pre-order this week. The adventure of Alto and the five Witches trying to save the world covers an engrossing story with vibrant art in this brand new title from Imageepoch and ATLUS.