The Ace Combat level of excellence comes to the Sony PSPTM portable system in an all-new game designed specifically to take advantage of the handheld's capabilities. Enter into an entirely new highflying action-packed world that will challenge your abilities in new ways as you take on the role of an ace pilot defending the country of Aurelia. The player's adventure begins after the neighboring country of Leasath, who filled with secretive motives veiled behind long internal conflict, has invaded. It's time to liberate your country for freedom for all!
This first PSP installment of the popular Ace Combat franchise features a suite of highly detailed and realistically modeled licensed aircraft. New additions include original aircraft and Wi-Fi multiplayer, ensuring that Ace Combat for the PSP will be a memorable, and must have experience.
- Authentic flying experience: Pilot licensed aircraft such as the F-14D or Tornado F3 for realistic flying and thrilling action, anytime, anywhere.
- All new storyline: Set in an entirely new world and setting apart from installments on the PS2, this new story opens up a whole new universe ripe with a multitude of new skies to explore.
- Strategic AI System: The player must choose their course of action wisely as combat decisions directly affect their destiny. If the player chooses to destroy a military installation instead of backing up friendly forces that are under attack, the next mission objective will reflect this decision and change accordingly.
- Original tunable aircraft: Players can tune original aircraft with parts unlocked in Campaign mode further enhancing the flying experience.
- Wireless Ad Hoc: This new and exciting addition to the series allows up to four players to engage in a variety of wireless Ad Hoc combat competitions.