Each year Toys R Us put out its “Hot List” of holiday season toys and this year has included video games on their list. For the first time in the “Hot List” history they’ve included a gaming console.
In their decision to pick a console for the list, Toys R Us decided that the PS3 isn’t mainstream enough to make the list. A spokesperson stated, “The PlayStation 3 is really geared to a savvy gaming enthusiast, the Wii system appeals to young kids as well as adults.”
The spokesperson also said that one of the criteria of being on the Hot List is knowing that stores will have sufficient stock for the holiday season, and Toys R Us will ensure that by "taking a leadership position on the launch of Wii."
The Toys "R" Us' "Fabulous 15" list for the 2006 holiday season includes:
* Wii from Nintendo,
* Blue Man Group Percussion Tubes from ToyQuest,
* Designer's World from Tiger Games,
* Dora's Talking Cash Register from Fisher-Price,
* ESPN Fast Action Football from Fisher-Price,
* Kid-Tough Digital Camera from Fisher-Price,
* Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano from Fisher-Price,
* Mindstorms NXT from Lego,
* My Scene My Bling Bling Styling Head from Mattel,
* Pink Nitro Notebook from VTech,
* Power Rangers Deluxe Manticore Megazord from Bandai,
* Speed Stacks StackPack from Play Along,
* Sound City Railway from Imaginarium,
* Tap Dancing Mumble from Thinkway,
* T.M.X. Elmo from Fisher-Price.
David Mackiewicz (DaveMack@Mygamer.com)