BlazeRush, the new fast-paced top-down racing combat title from Targem Games is now available for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC through digital download distribution service Steam, priced $9.99 / € 9.99. (US PS3 version to release on November 4th). In celebration of the launch, for a limited time players can purchase a 4-pack of BlazeRush on Steam for $29.99, a 25% savings.
In a new twist to the arcade racing genre, BlazeRush does away with the traditional damage
counters and health bars to keep the ferociously fast races in progress. The only way for a player to die is by falling off the death defying track and plummeting to the landscape far below.
Designed with local multiplayer in mind, BlazeRush allows up to four players shared-screen local play and up to eight players online, with a very simple pick up and play control style. With the ‘drop in’ system, one player can start racing against bots, and then as other players join the bots are removed.
The game includes sixteen playable vehicles, all of which have notably different handling and racing capabilities, ranging from heavy tracked crawlers to light race cars and hovercrafts. Additionally, players can choose from a vast assortment of weapon power-ups to use against racing opponents, such as pushing, throwing, stunning or slowing down other
vehicles on the track. It’s not just about winning the race, there is also the constant challenge of trying to knock out rivals while keeping your vehicle on the track.
BlazeRush features three game modes: Race, Survival and King of the Hill. Given the level of madness and entropy in the game, results of each race are often spontaneous and totally unpredictable.
BlazeRush also introduces a skill based element to play with its campaign mode, which allows four player co-op in 53 events and challenges, teaching players how to effectively use each power-up.
- Multiplayer focused: Up to 4 players locally and up to 8 players online
- Easy ‘drop in and drop out’ player mode
- Take on local players online
- Game modes include Race, Survival and King of the Hill
- Race: Race against bots or with friends over 3 laps; the first driver to cross the finish line unscathed wins
- Survival: Death defying racing against opponents out to eliminate you from the race by any means necessary; the driver who has died the least number of times wins
- King of the Hill: Race to get ahead of opponents and lead from the front; the player who has held the lead for the most amount of time wins.
Find out more about BlazeRush at www.blazerush.com
With the BlazeRush launch sale, players can also purchase older Targem PS3 games for up to 90% off:
Planets Under Attack – 90%
Armageddon Riders – 75%
Editor in Chief - been writing for mygamer,com for 20+ years. Gaming enthusiast. Hater of pants. Publisher of obscure gaming content on my YT channel.
- Twitter @ZackGaz
- Personal blog at: https://squallsnake.com/
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/squallsnake
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/squallsnake7
- I am the EiC of: https://www.MyGamer.com/