Aksys Games announced that they have released a free Japanese-language update on Steam for the hit Nihon Falcom action RPG, Tokyo Xanadu eX+. The free update is available for those that already purchased the game on Steam.
A spiritual successor to the beloved ’80s Nihon Falcom series, Xanadu, the game was initially released for the PS Vita system on June 30, 2017, the PS4 system (physical and digital), and Steam on December 8, 2017. Since then, it has received sparkling reviews from critics and players alike.
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is set in Morimiya City, a fictional suburb on the outskirts of modern-day Tokyo, and centers on a high school student named Kou Tokisaka. Kind and driven, Kou’s sweet nature leaves him incapable of turning his back on those in need-which gets him into a fair amount of trouble. When Kou stumbles upon the nightmare realm known as the “Eclipse,” his world is irrevocably turned upside down. With the help of his classmates, Kou must take to the streets of Tokyo, wielding elemental magic to defend the world against the shadowy forces of evil.
- 40+ hours of Action RPG gameplay – Quest through Morimiya City and battle hordes of nightmarish monsters in stunning 60 FPS.
- Explore a Brave New World – Players can adventure through a richly detailed world based on the real Tokyo. Talk to characters, build relationships, and forge alliances as you navigate the expansive cityscape.
- New Adventures – Tokyo Xanadu eX+ includes brand-new scenarios and quests for players to battle their way through.
- New Characters – Players can choose from a variety of new characters, including the mysterious knight, White Shroud. Wield the powers of the light to take down vile monsters and vicious bosses!
- New Enemies – Tokyo Xanadu eX+ features brand-new dungeons, jam-packed with fearsome new monster types and giant bosses.
- New Modes – Players can enjoy two new game modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush.” In Time Attack, defeat your enemies as quickly as possible in a race against the clock. In Boss Rush, skip the story and square off against each boss, one after the other.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
SEGA announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is receiving the first of its free, post-launch content updates today on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch! To further light up the colorful puzzle play, players can look [...]
Mastiff, in partnership with Calappa Games, announced the release of an epic new live-action story trailer and a free downloadable update, featuring shiny new in-game skins for their 3D action battle game, Fight Crab. You can check out our coverage of [...]
Independent games studio NEOPOPCORN Corp release the first DLC of the metroidvania indie hit 3000th Duel, named 3000th Duel: The Wise Ones, on Nintendo Switch today for free. 3000th Duel: The Wise Ones contains over 150 additional regions to explore and [...]