Ubisoft confirmed that Tetris Ultimate, the latest iteration of the world’s most loved puzzle game, will be available for the Nintendo 3DS on November 11, 2014. Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS features six exciting ways to play Tetris, plus a new single-player Challenge mode that will test the skills and determination of the most die-hard Tetris champions.
Available at retailers for $29.99 and digitally through the Nintendo eShop for $19.99, Tetris Ultimate offers exciting modes, fun features and unique visuals that allow 1–4 players to face off in seven different game modes:
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump blocks on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
• Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
• Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
o Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
o Rotation Lock – The orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
o Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines.
o Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.