Tozai Games announced today that R-Type Dimensions will be launching worldwide on Nintendo Switch and Steam in late 2018. R-Type Dimensions includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type and R-Type II. Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
You can read our review of the PS3 version of R-Type Dimensions HERE.
Two new features will be introduced in this edition: Full power-up mode, allowing players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode, and Fast forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games: includes all 8 original R-Type levels and all 6 original R-Type II levels
- Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select: learn the levels inside and out for the perfect, 1CC runs
- Co-op Mode: 2 players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow motion play function: weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration: change the button layout to match your play style
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Strictly Limited Games welcomes two new Shoot ‘em up titles in one ‘hot’ combo physical releases for the Nintendo Switch to their store. In collaboration with Hanaji Games, this is the only physical version of these two gems available. Two Different [...]
Indie publisher Ratalaika Games and developer the Senile Team, Intrepid Izzy is now available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch, priced at $10.99 EU 10.99. Billed as a genre-defying 2D game with a [...]
Castle Renovator and Ship Graveyard Simulator make their debut on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. The former is a unique medieval renovation and building simulator, while the latter allows you to play as a ship-breaker, which is one of the most dangerous [...]