Tozai Games announced today that R-Type Dimensions will be launching worldwide on Nintendo Switch and Steam in late 2018. R-Type Dimensions includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type and R-Type II. Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
You can read our review of the PS3 version of R-Type Dimensions HERE.
Two new features will be introduced in this edition: Full power-up mode, allowing players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode, and Fast forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games: includes all 8 original R-Type levels and all 6 original R-Type II levels
- Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select: learn the levels inside and out for the perfect, 1CC runs
- Co-op Mode: 2 players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow motion play function: weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration: change the button layout to match your play style
What's your reaction?
You might also like
101ХР, a Russian publisher, presents a metroidvania called Red and The Deadly Sins, a debut project by Diantong, a Chinese indie studio. Inspired by Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy and deep philosophical concepts of Team Cherry’s metroidvania, Diantong’s [...]
Singularity Labs and FIBRUM announce that the special PC version of JetX named JetX Space Edition is available on Steam on May, 30. JetX Space Edition will be available at a special discount of -20% the whole week after the release! JetX Space Edition has [...]
Professor Lupo and his Horrible Pets is a cartoonish 2D sci-fi themed narrative puzzle adventure game to be released on Switch and Steam in Summer 2019, featuring 100 levels and 12+ hours of gameplay. Professor Lupo and his Horrible Pets is developed by [...]