Tozai Games announced today that R-Type Dimensions will be launching worldwide on Nintendo Switch and Steam in late 2018. R-Type Dimensions includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type and R-Type II. Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
You can read our review of the PS3 version of R-Type Dimensions HERE.
Two new features will be introduced in this edition: Full power-up mode, allowing players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode, and Fast forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games: includes all 8 original R-Type levels and all 6 original R-Type II levels
- Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select: learn the levels inside and out for the perfect, 1CC runs
- Co-op Mode: 2 players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow motion play function: weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration: change the button layout to match your play style
What's your reaction?
You might also like
KillHouse Games announced that Door Kickers: Action Squad, the crazy action side-scroller that pits Law Enforcement against bad guys and unspoken horrors, will finally launch on XBOX One and Playstation 4 October 24th, and Nintendo Switch October 28th, [...]
THQ Nordic, Produced in Association with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) and Oasis Games Limited launched the game “Monkey King: Hero is Back” as well as the special “Hero Edition” version of the game for PC and Playstation 4. Dive into a 500 year [...]
The arcade experience comes home with Psikyo Shooting Stars Bravo for Nintendo Switch on February 18, 2020! Samurai Aces Episode I Samurai Aces Episode II: TENGAI Samurai Aces Episode III: SENGOKU CANNON GUNBIRD GUNBIRD2 GUNBARICH