Tozai Games announced today that R-Type Dimensions will be launching worldwide on Nintendo Switch and Steam in late 2018. R-Type Dimensions includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type and R-Type II. Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
You can read our review of the PS3 version of R-Type Dimensions HERE.
Two new features will be introduced in this edition: Full power-up mode, allowing players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode, and Fast forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games: includes all 8 original R-Type levels and all 6 original R-Type II levels
- Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select: learn the levels inside and out for the perfect, 1CC runs
- Co-op Mode: 2 players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow motion play function: weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration: change the button layout to match your play style
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more as BUTCHER is coming physically on Nintendo Switch! French publisher Red Art Games [...]
Microsoft announcing the following games will be free to Xbox Live Gold/Ultimate members during October 2021. Aaero ($14.99): Available October 1 to 31 Hover ($24.99): Available October 16 to November 15 Castlevania: Harmony of Despair ($14.99): Available [...]
Thunderful and Headup revealed that acclaimed 3D platformer Pumpkin Jack is coming to next-gen, with Pumpkin Jack New-Gen Edition hitting PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on October 27th, 2021. The fiery glow of Pumpkin Jack’s carved grin will look [...]