Video game publisher and developer Mastiff announced that Nihon Falcom’s beautiful 3D action-RPG, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, is scheduled for release across digital download platforms for Windows PC on March 30.
Read our review of the PSP version from 2008 HERE.
Developed entirely in-house by Japanese RPG pioneer Nihon Falcom, and localized by Mastiff, Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure will immerse players in a highly-vivid and fully 3D fantasy world, packed full of colorful characters voiced by an all-star cast. Real-time combat, mini-games, multiple endings, alternate gameplay modes, hidden characters, and a head-bobbing soundtrack create a fast-paced, immersive, magical adventure.
Gurumin’s cast includes such well-known voice actors as Amber Hood (Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Valkyria Chronicles II), Dee Bradley Baker (Gears of War, American Dad!, Adventure Time), Tara Strong (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Teen Titans Go!, Metal Gear Solid V, Ninja Gaiden), and Justin Shenkarow (L.A. Noire, Hey Arnold). Noted voice director Kris Zimmerman (Regular Show, Shadows of the Damned, Ben 10) supervised the recording.
About Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure:
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure stars a strong-willed young girl named Parin, who is sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town while her archeologist parents are off excavating an ancient ruin. No other children live in the town so Parin is surprised to find a young girl about to be attacked by an angry dog. Parin rescues the girl and learns something even more shocking- her new friend is actually a monster, and like all monsters, invisible to adults.
Parin is soon invited to the mysterious Monster Village, which just so happens to be hidden right behind the town. Parin has just started making monster friends when evil spirits, known as Phantoms, invade the village and ‘monsternap’ most of the inhabitants. Parin soon learns of the Legendary Drill, a lost weapon powerful enough to eliminate the Phantoms. Thus begins Parin’s quest to reclaim the Legendary Drill, drive out the Phantoms and set the world right.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure features include:
- Non-linear game play in over 30 stages set in a variety of environments
- 24 non-player characters, 48 unique enemies, and more than 90 items to collect
- 11 costumes to unlock, and 15 equippable headgear to level up
- Challenging boss battles, puzzles, and traps
- Mini-games galore
- Hidden characters, alternate gameplay modes, and other secrets
- Beautifully updated graphics with full HD support
- Soundtrack available on iTunes
- All-new features to be revealed before release!
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure will be available to download on March 30 on Steam and other digital download services.
Editor in Chief - been writing for mygamer,com for 20+ years. Gaming enthusiast. Hater of pants. Publisher of obscure gaming content on my YT channel.
- Twitter @ZackGaz
- Personal blog at: https://squallsnake.com/
- BuyMeACoffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/zackgaz
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/squallsnake
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/squallsnake7
- I am the EiC of: https://www.MyGamer.com/