Rising Star Games announced that they have partnered with Spain-based developer, Kraken Empire to release a physical boxed edition and digital edition of the highly-stylized shoot ’em up (shmup) game, Kromaia Omega, on the Playstation 4 this fall.
Kromaia Omega is a highly-immersive shmup; a journey that is quite unlike any other that mixes technology and myth for an innovative gameplay experience. Players will explore new worlds protected by giant god-like guardians, filled with ancient temple ruins, and littered with puzzles to solve and treasures to collect.
A truly unique adventure, Kromaia‘s approach to gameplay looks to bring new life to the shmup genre. Providing players with full 360˚ freedom to fly, spin, and shoot changes the traditional style of arcade shmups significantly. Also, Kromaia‘s adaptive AI creates a special kind of emergent gameplay: one that changes variables like enemy speed and formations to offer new, uniquely tailored experiences depending on how the game is played. Combine this with several ultra-maneuverable Armors (pilotable ships/vessels), all with different attributes, and a wide range of ancient, alien worlds to explore, and players have a game that changes the genre forever.
Kromaia Omega Features:
- Interact with hundreds of physical objects, like massive asteroids, ancient temple ruins, puzzles, treasure, and fight dozens of on-screen enemies at once
- Highly destructible worlds with their own rules and law of physics
- Adaptive AI – Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that cooperate creating emergent behaviors
- Pilot several different Armors, each with unique weapons, attributes, and philosophies, plus an all-new armor exclusive to Kromaia Omega
- Multiple gameplay modes including “Story,” “Score Attack,” and new “Pure Mode”
- Four levels of difficulty to test players of all skill levels
- Online leaderboards to show the rest of the shmup world you mean business
- Two-player local co-op that lets one player pilot while the other takes control of the weapon systems
What's your reaction?
You might also like
SEGA of America announced that the first two titles of SEGA AGES, Sonic the Hedgehog and Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar, are now available digitally on Nintendo Switch on the Nintendo eShop for $7.99 each. As part of SEGA’s broader support for [...]
Independent video game publisher Versus Evil, in partnership with independent developer Tim Conkling, have announced in what can only be described as an absolute steal, devious digital board-game, Antihero is Free this weekend on Steam. During the free [...]
Fishing Sim World is now available or the PS4, XBOX One, and PC Developed by a team full of passionate anglers, Fishing Sim World captures every aspect of this thrilling hobby in astonishing detail. With realistic game physics, accurate fish AI and fully [...]