Robot Entertainment announced the upcoming release dates for Orcs Must Die! on Xbox LIVE Arcade and Steam (and other PC distribution platforms). Xbox players can massacre orcs by the thousands on October 5, 2011, and PC gamers on Steam can begin their murderous defense of rift fortresses on October 12, 2011.
"The slaying hour is nigh upon us," said Patrick Hudson, CEO of Robot Entertainment. "We can no longer restrain the enemy at the gate. We will soon turn the rift defense over to Xbox and PC gamers to beat back the mob and save the Order!"
Orcs Must Die! is an action-strategy game that challenges players to defend fortresses under siege. With a wide variety of traps and weapons to choose from, Orcs Must Die! dares players to find the best ways to hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate an endless army of filthy orcs and their vile allies. Orcs Must Die! features a vibrant look, addictive gameplay, and a blatant disregard for the welfare of orcs.
• Play as the War Mage and defend 24 fortresses from an enraged mob of orcs and 11 other villainous monsters.
• Choose from a selection of 6 weapons and magic spells and 17 traps that hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate your enemies.
• Upgrade your traps, spells and weapons to cater the game to your personal play style.
- Cleverly combine traps and spells for higher scores on the leaderboards.
• Expertly wield your wits and your weapons through the story-driven campaign and unlock a brutal "Nightmare" campaign.
• Replay fortresses endlessly, combining different defenses and tactics every time!
Orcs Must Die! is rated T by the ESRB, and will be available exclusively as a digital download.