Mutant Football League is loaded with blood and guts and humor. MFL offers deep strategic 7-on 7 gameplay, and a ghoulish roster of skeletal deadheads, monstrous orcs, diabolical bruiser bots, criminal aliens and mutant humans.
Legendary voice-over actor Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam) lends his vocal chops to pepper up the commentary with memorable lines about soft balls, shotgun hits and decapitation protocol, while Brian Schmidt (Crue Ball, Madden 93-96, Jungle Strike) provides sound design and ferocious rock-driven music tracks along with a multitude of Indie bands that perfectly marry the on-field mayhem.
“Thanks to our community and a stellar dev team you can now play MFL on console – where it belongs! This game delivers a new experience of fun, arcade style football action for a new generation of gamers, while retaining the spirit of the original game,” said Michael Mendheim, Creative Director.
About Mutant Football League
The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol’ American-style team sports.
The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where a variety of gruesome creatures take to the gridiron to battle it out in the most violent game ever played! The hilarious and brutal parody of professional American football will introduce a new generation of gamers to some of the wildest, most bloodthirsty superstar players to ever strap on shoulder spikes.
Support from diehard fans resulted in a successful 2017 Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to complete MFL‘s development. The campaign reached its pledge goal in a mere four days, fortuitously achieving its funding aims on Super Bowl Sunday.
Additional Game Details
- Mutants, Monsters, and More: Choose from 18 blood-thirsty, wisecracking teams including the Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, and Monstrous Orcs.
- Boom-Shacka-What?: Legendary voice-over actor Tim Kitzrow–best known for being the voice behind NBA Jam–provides the game’s ‘colorful’ commentary.
- Gridiron Carnage: Players inflict maximum carnage on the opposition with brass-knuckle punches, steel-toed kicks, hand grenades, clubs, battle axes, chainsaws, and more. Exploding body parts, comically horrific deaths, and blood splatters fuel the MFL visual experience.
- Down ‘n’ Dirty: Use dirty tricks during gameplay to “Bribe the Ref,” throw bombs, or equip weapons to inflict maximum carnage for real game-changing moments!
- Full Season Mode and More: Dive into Exhibition, Practice, and Playoff games, or try and survive the Full Season grind to reach the ultimate showdown: The Mayhem Bowl!
- Killer Stadiums: The 18 unique playfields are filled with diabolical and dangerous traps and hazards, including explosive landmines, buzz saws, toxic moats, lava flows, and crazed fans cheering on their favorite murderous squad.
- Multiplayer Madness: Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives offers the choice to clobber opponents or team up with friends to crush opposing miscreants!
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Stoic, an independent game development company, and Versus Evil, one of the leading independent video game publishers, today announced that Banner Saga 2 for Nintendo Switch will launch on Thursday 7th June, 2018. Banner Saga 2 is the exciting sequel to [...]
Attention – Squad E is reporting for duty! Get to know your squad (and their respective classes and motivations) in the new Valkyria Chronicles 4 Squad Trailer, featuring the ever-determined leader Claude Wallace, brilliant inventor Riley Miller, and [...]
Nicalis announced that the physical version of Runner3 on Nintendo Switch is now available at retailers across North America. The game features a colorful cast of comedic characters and their endless platforming adventures as they run and jump to the beat [...]