February 15, 2006 ? Majesco announced today that the [I]MechAssault[/I] series will be appearing on the Nintendo DS as [I]”MechAssault: Phantom War.”[/I] This will be the first handheld version of the popular series that originally found its home on Microsoft?s Xbox. This handheld edition will optimally use the touch screen controls to create an all-new gameplay experience.
“MechAssault: Phantom War fuses the best game play elements from the series with new features that take advantage of the unique mechanics of the Nintendo DS,” said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco Entertainment. “The touch screen lets players intuitively ‘touch’ the cockpit controls to hack into giant ‘Mechs, eject pilots, switch weapons and check battle techniques.”
Backbone Entertainment will be holding the developmental reigns as [I]Phantom War[/I] will bring the power of interstellar combat to the DS system from a third person perspective. Players will take control of an elite MechWarrior, a highly trained individual for BattleMech combat.
The top screen will display all the fast-paced action while the lower touch screen will display a cockpit view. Players will touch the bottom screen cockpit controls as if really sitting there.
The game will boast four-player wireless battle mode as well as a wealth of unlockables. Here is a list of some of the game?s features:
* Commandeer over 20 types of vehicles, including ‘Mechs, Tanks, Turret and BattleArmor;
* Wreak havoc on the enemy and environment with an arsenal of powerful, fully upgradeable weapons;
* Brand new story drawn from the popular BattleTech series which spawned highly successful games like MechWarrior & MechCommander for the PC and MechAssault & Crimson Skies for the Xbox(r) video game system.
* Use the touch screen to sneak into enemy territory, hijack enemy
‘Mechs and wield the most secret weapon in the Inner Sphere;
* Wireless multiplayer combat for up to four players
* Master 24 single player campaigns across four planets and three
exciting multiplayer game types;
* Unlockable ‘Mechs, maps and cheats enhance gameplay.
Stay with mygamer as more [I]MechAssault DS[/I] details are released.