Kingston announced the release of Industrial Temperature microSD cards. This UHS-I Class10 microSD has both an operating and storage temperature range of -40°C to 85°C, making it suitable for harsh environments.
With speeds up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, these Industrial Temperature microSD cards are built to perform and stay protected even in the most extreme of surroundings. It is ideal for a variety of markets ranging from automotive (where temperature specifications are important) to outdoor signage as they can be subjected to various weather conditions.
Like all Kingston cards, the Industrial Temperature microSD was tested extensively during pre-production and new build qualifications. The new card passed thermal cycle testing, interval testing at various extreme temperatures, vigorous temperature humidity testing of several hundred hours to ensure durability at different humidity levels; and, wide temperature chamber testing. The card is waterproof1, temperature proof2, shock/vibration proof3 and X-ray proof4 so users can rest assured that their files will be protected.
Industrial Temperature microSD UHS-I cards are available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. It is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston Industrial Temperature microSD UHS-I Features and Specifications:
- Industrial-Grade Features: The card’s operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C makes it perfect for harsh environments. For durability, it’s rated for 10,000 minimum insertions.
- Tested for industrial applications: Kingston uses wide and broad temperature testing so you can feel secure using the card in industrial applications.
- UHS-I interface: Its UHS-I interface offers users higher sustained write speeds to ensure data integrity by reducing transmission stutter.
- MLC NAND: MLC NAND allows for large amounts of data to be written to the card.
- Capacities5: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance6: UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1)
8GB: 90MB/s read and 20MB/s write,
16GB-64GB: 90MB/s read and 45MB/s
- microSD Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Format: FAT32 (microSDHC 8GB-32GB); exFAT (microSDXC 64GB)
- Operating & Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
- Thermal Cycle Testing: interval testing completed at various extreme temperatures
- Vigorous Temperature Humidity Bias: several hundred hours of testing to ensure durability at varying levels of humidity
- Wide Temp Chamber Testing: completed on all SDCIT cards prior to production
- Warranty7: 5 years
1 IEC/EN 60529 IPX7 certified for protection against continual water submersion up to 30 min. and depth up to 1m.
2 Withstands temperature range from -40 °C to 85 °C
3 Based on MIL-STD-883H, METHOD 2002.5 military standard test method.
4 ISO 7816-1 certified for protection against 0.1 Gy of X-ray radiation to both sides of card.
5 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide
6 Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
7 Kingston Flash Cards are designed and tested for compatibility with consumer grade market products. It is recommended that you contact Kingston directly for any OEM opportunities or special use applications that are beyond the standard daily consumer usage. For more information on intended use, please refer to the Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide
Editor in Chief - been writing for mygamer,com for 20+ years. Gaming enthusiast. Hater of pants. Publisher of obscure gaming content on my YT channel.
- Twitter @ZackGaz
- Personal blog at: https://squallsnake.com/
- BuyMeACoffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/zackgaz
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/squallsnake
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/squallsnake7
- I am the EiC of: https://www.MyGamer.com/