Ubisoft announced that Tetris Ultimate is now available for Nintendo 3DS at retailers for $29.99 and digitally through the Nintendo eShop for $19.99. Tetris Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS features seven exciting ways to play, including a new single-player Challenge mode that will test the skills and determination of the most die-hard Tetris champions.
Offering fun features, unique visuals and addictive gameplay for all ages, Tetris Ultimate allows up to ten offline or eight online friends to test their skills in seven different modes:
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let It Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
• Ultra – Race to score as many points as possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out challengers.
• Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
o Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
o Rotation Lock – The orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
o Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines.
o Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this winter on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC and PlayStation Vita in 2015.