In a recent press release, D3Publisher of America, Inc sent out an interesting fact sheet about the uPComing video game [i]Dark Sector[/i]. Created by developer Digital Extremes, [i]Dark Sector[/i] is a new and original action-thriller designed exclusively for next-generation consoles. A dark, gritty experience packed with fast action, incredible superpowers and an engaging story, [i]Dark Sector[/i] thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, an elite black-ops agent sent on a dangerous assassination mission into Lasria – an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret.
• All-New, Original Action Title – Built from the ground-up specifically for next-generation consoles, [i]Dark Sector[/i] offers an original storyline that absorbs players in one of the most cinematic and emotionally-gripping 3rd person action game to date.
• Evolution Powers – After being exposed to a failed cold-war experiment, Hayden will physically evolve specialized superpowers that become more lethal and sophisticated over time.
• The Glaive –– A bladed disc that grows out of Hayden’s infected hand, this weapon will be one of the key elements throughout the game. The strength and versatility of this weapon make it truly unique and compelling. It can be thrown at enemies with brutal results. Collect elements from the environment such as fire and electricity to use on enemies and interact with the world. Contains a light source to be used in dark areas; can be used in conjunction with conventional weapons.
• No HUD – [i]Dark Sector[/i] removes traditional on-screen elements such as health bars and ammo meters, instead using the character himself as the HUD. As the character takes damage he will begin to physically show it, ammunition levels will be displayed on guns, available weapons and inventory will be displayed on the character – all serving to keep the player focused on the character and the gameplay.
• Intuitive controls – Simplified and intuitive controls keep players immersed in the action freeing them to utilize their skills in targeting and eliminating enemies.
• Dynamic Camera – [i]Dark Sector[/i] employs an over-the-shoulder 3rd person perspective giving the player a full view of the world around him, while also showing full visual of Hayden allowing for the player to make a connection with the character.
• Upgradeable Conventional Weapons – Beyond the evolution powers, Hayden will have an arsenal of conventional weapons at his disposal that can all be upgraded and made more powerful throughout the game.
• Intelligent AI – Players will employ special tactics while encountering new and different enemy combat tactics as the evolving AI communicate amongst themselves, take cover and offer realistic responses to player actions.
• Compelling Main Character – Hayden Tenno is a cold-blooded, ruthless character who has superhero type powers and responsibility thrust upon him – a true anti-hero who makes no excuses for his actions. Through the storyline, players will witness Hayden’s transformation into something more than he was, his fight against the powers taking over his body and the effects it has on his psyche.
[i]Dark Sector[/i] will be playable on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 with a release date slated for mid-January of next year. Stick with Mygamer.com for all your gaming needs.