Classic fairytales and fables had been passed down from generation to generation verbally and in books. Those traditions are now getting an interactive twist as Zoo Games today announced two Story Hour titles: Fairy Tales and Adventures, exclusively for Wii. A modern take on such beloved tales as Cinderella, Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Paul Bunyan, Fairy Tales and Adventures will each offer four different stories that incorporate motion sensitive controls so that parents and preschoolers can tell stories together.
"Story Hour is our unique way to bring timeless stories to life, enabling parents and their children to connect with the classics through the medium of video games," said Lee Cummings, Creative Director of Green Screen Interactive Software, Inc. "By working with a host of world-class children's artists, each bringing their distinctive style to the screen, the stories have a unique look that families will enjoy and deliver an enriching experience that generations have loved through a fresh, relevant medium."
Immortal storybook tales are brought to life as young and old come together to experience two Story Hour titles: Fairy Tales and Adventures. Artists on the project include:
Story Hour: Fairy Tales:
* 12 Dancing Princesses – illustrated by Alessia Girasole;
* Snow White – illustrated by C.B. Canga;
* Rapunzel – illustrated by Guy Francis;
* Cinderella – illustrated by Patricia Castelao;
Story Hour: Adventures:
* Paul Bunyan – illustrated by Stan Chow;
* Jack & The Beanstalk – illustrated by Simon Scales;
* Aladdin – illustrated by David Gordon;
* The Three Brothers – illustrated by Constanza Basaluzzo.
Developed by Other Ocean Interactive Ltd, both Story Hour titles are expected to release in October.
Stay with www.mygamer.com.