The King of Fighters XIV represents an evolution of the respected fighting game series, so what better way to celebrate than with a premium edition packed with awesome goodies? Although the folks at SNK are working around the clock to make KOF XIV one of the most competition friendly games in the genre, they took the time and effort to help us create a premium package worthy for those who live, breathe, and eat fighting games. With series-first 3D graphics, meticulous gameplay tweaks, streamlined controls, a strong roster of fighters, and vastly improved online experience (get hyped for Party Battle mode!), it’s only right that the “Burn to Fight” edition reflects the high standards of the game.
- SteelBook – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
- Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
- 3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
- Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players! This game will release exclusively on PS4 on August 23, 2016.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Zeus Begins is a brawler inspired by classic arcade games of the 80´s such as Double Dragon and Golden Axe. Help the God of Thunder defeat Cronus as you beat titans and other mythological creatures in your way to Olympus. Zeus Begins features pixel-art [...]
Often regarded as one of the best, if not the best, Dragonball game, Dragonball Fighterz makes the player feel like they are playing an anime. Watch as we stream a few fights, try and figure how to pronounce the “z” in the title, and talk about fight [...]
Skybound Games announced that it will release Skullgirls 2nd Encore for the Nintendo Switch and XBOX One this spring via the Nintendo eShop and Xbox Games Store, respectively. Pre-orders for a limited physical edition of the game on Nintendo Switch are [...]