Strategy specialists Kalypso Media and developer Independent Arts Software announced railroad sim, Railway Empire, is coming to Nintendo Switch on February 14, 2020.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch Edition makes the railway sim playable any time, anywhere and will launch with a physical edition and digitally, on Nintendo eShop. This new edition of the game includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. The Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available as additional purchases via Nintendo eShop.
In Railway Empire, create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modeled in extraordinary detail, build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to stay ahead of the competition. Hire and manage a talented workforce to ensure an efficient train service, while also developing over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures through five eras of technological innovations.
However, the competition never sleeps with three rival tycoons fiercely competing for business. Stay on top by attacking and sabotaging opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game and be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.